t

Sunday, August 31, 2008

chill'axin weekend

Following a horrific week at work (don't ask), i was due for a weekend of relaxation... and i sure got one!

Saturday was a warm (and humid) day in London... I met May Ching at Southbank in Waterloo for a delicious lunch (thanks!) at Giraffe ~ three-courses of yumminess ~ sambal edamame (sounds weird, tastes superb!), chicken/prawn/mango/walnut salad, finished off with belgian waffles with bananas & ice cream. I am spoilt!

After lunch we went to relax under the shade of the London Eye, which ofcourse, moves - duh. So instead, we found us a stationary tree, whose shade was inhabited by about half of the people in Southbank, but we found a little spot and made ourselves comfy. It was great fun relaxing and playing with the little monkey, Keira... until she got restless and agitated, which duely indicated home time for them.











I made my way to Piccadilly circus where I met Mel C for some Movenpick ice cream (is it a wonder I have serious muffin-top in tight jeans??), a fruit smoothie and some retail therapy at Topshop - last week Mel found a new indy brand called pa:nuu (how cute is that?) and thought I, of all people, should really own a pa:nuu t-shirt *grin* and now i do!

Panu (the guy, not the t-shirt) was working on Saturday night, so I spent the evening curled up with take-out pad thai, watching PS: I Love You. And ok guys, Gerard Butler? Forget Aaron whats-his-name. Gerard Butler is to. die. for. The movie made me all weepy and warm, and i know it must have seriously screwed with my mind cos after watching it, I stayed up til 2am waiting for Panu to get home *awwww*

Back to being spoilt, after working a ridiculous 19 hours yesterday, today Panu decided to take me to Harrods for sushi lunch, something I had always wanted to do, but normally persuaded by my rational mind to not spend that amount of money on sushi.











I think it goes without saying that the food was phenomenal, and the price even more so. Loved it, but my rational mind has kicked in again.

To top off my weekend, I bought some macaroons from Laduree in Harrods, and I had me a little nap this afternoon... happy me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home