t

Thursday, March 03, 2005

friends...

Last night I had dinner with another old friend who I've known since 1997. That doesn't sound like very long ago but he & I have been through a fair bit together and while our original group of friends broke down and moved on, we've always stayed fairly close. Anyway we both live in Sydney now and catch up every once in a while for lunch/coffee/dinner/drinks.

This friend is also someone who I consider particularly special. When we get together we can just talk talk talk talk talk and time seriously flies. It's good that we often catch up without our partners.. because that way we can be more open with each other and talk about things which involve our partners. Mostly good things but sometimes the bad things. But you know what? It is equally important to talk about the bad things as it is the good things.

Incidentally, we talk about more than just relationships. Last night I think we talked about music, politics, books, movies, fishes & ferrets, manga, travelling, the supernatural, work and um... we discussed what it means to be a "Global Serduct Manager".. heheh.. ok that's an industry joke. Not funny..

Anyway, we've decided to meet up at least every month from now on (sometimes time passes you by and I hadn't seen him since last September) so I'm looking forward to it.

More and more I'm able to pin point the people I call true friends. And I'm happy about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home