t

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

brussels... in a nutshell

I can only provide a nutshell version of the trip for now... and this is how it went down people:

Day 0 ~ arrived at 9.30pm, checked in to the Hilton which is totally art nouveau gorgeous, then headed straight out to supper!

Day 1 ~ day in Bruge, a little medieval town about an hour away from Brussels. Loved Bruge. Satisfied my insatiable hunger with mussels, waffles, frites, ice cream, vol au vent...

Day 2 ~ day in Brussels, started with heavenly croissants, followed by waffles, steak, more frites, creme caramel, more ice cream, chocolates...

Day 3 ~ punishment. Monday morning sees me lying in a hospital bed in the emergency ward with not one, but two intravenous drips in my right arm. Turns out I am violently allergic to European mussels and almost went into anaphylactic shock. it was not a pretty sight.

Oooooh yeh.

but fear not. Got out of hospital at midday and managed to get more frites, french onion soup and chocolates into me before heading home at 5pm!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

What tha?! European Mussels?

Mmmm. European Chilli Mussels. :p~

7:32 AM  
Blogger catty said...

i know. damn dodgy european mussels! although i've been told not to be racist, that it was probably just one bad ass contaminated mussel.

how is your budding relationship with mussels going???

12:25 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Am doing really well. Mussels and Oysters totally get hurt when they come near me.

I could do 2 kilos right now. *drool*

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home