t

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

a north queensland diary...

Thursday 30th December, 2006

12.05pm ~ touched down in Townsville, i stick my head outside the airport and the humidity slaps me in the face. I quickly dash back in and patiently wait for my brother Jase to pick me up.

12.35pm ~ after dropping my bags off at home (oh, how i miss my suitcase!) and saying a quick hello to smelly Palm, we head out for a chow down @ Watermark.










2.00pm ~
still reeling from a total lack of sleep, i crash on the couch next to smelly Palm (yahuh, I was tired) and snoozed for 3 hours.

7.00pm ~ Trip to the local shopping centre! Bec you power-shopping egg, you! I don't think I've ever met anyone who was quite so easy to shop with...

cat : "that one's nice!"
bec : "ok! I take it!"
cat : "that one's nice too!"
bec : "ok! I take it!"
cat : "that one's ni-"
bec : "ok ok!!"

Friday 1st December, 2006

10.00am ~ bath time for Palm!

11.ooam ~ lazily dragged myself out of bed and took a short drive to check out Jase's work.

Took about 15 minutes - that's far for Townsville.

12.00pm ~ lunch time again! This time @ Rockpool...














2.00pm ~ lazing on the beach in Townsville...










7.00pm ~ Dinner @ Seaview Hotel, followed by the Townsville Mental Health Christmas Party! yes, Mental Health indeed.










Straaaange bunch of folk, including Miguel the greasy latin lover, Amol the hanger onerer, Dirty diiirrty Santa (who had a dildo in his pants!), and umm.. Natalie, who is simply known as the weird one.










Saturday 2nd December, 2006

9.00am ~ Roadtrip to Cairns! Here's to the 4 hour drive...

12.00pm ~ Stopped for "lunch" at Cardwell - dodgy little town reminiscent of something out of old horror movies and the theory that you shouldn't stop at dodgy towns or some madman will come after you with a chainsaw! Well, we stopped anyway, and all I could find to eat was a chico roll *blech!*

1.00pm ~ Driving through Innisfail, the damage from the cyclone is still clearly visible but the baby banana tree plantations are totally inspirational. Loved it! Wish I had photos... but we were clearly still trying to outrun the chainsaw wielding madman.

2.00pm ~ Cairns! How nice is our accommodation. You did good, Bec!



















8.00pm ~
Good old Parham just so happened to be in town, so he tour guided us around Cairns city for some food and a little bit of booty shakin' @ Rhino Bar, some Coyote Ugly action @ PJ's.... and later on in the night, I had a good d&m with Parham & Vick outside SoHo.










Sunday 3rd December, 2006

10.00am ~ lazy brekky... lazy day, really.



















Monday 4th December, 2006

7.00am ~ Going to Green Island! For those who don't know, Green Island is considered one of the islands on the Great Barrier Reef... but a heap closer!

Trivia for the day ~ Green Island is built on coral. Dig and dig, and you shalt find no dirt!










10.30am ~
Glass bottom boat... in all honesty? Lots of fish. Not a huge variety. Too rocky. Felt a wee bit queasy!



















12.00pm ~ sunbaking in the middle of the day. I'm a sucker for punishment!

4.00pm ~ a cocktail (or 2 or 3) to wrap up the day...

8.00pm ~ too lazy to eat out, we ordered Thai... *yummmm*


Tuesday 5th December, 2006

10.00am ~ Check out *boo*... last brekky...










12.35pm ~ "I'm leaving on a jetplane... don't know when I'll be back again..."

4.30pm ~ back in Sydney!

4.45pm ~ waiting for my suitcase...

5.00pm ~ people are dwindling, where's my suitcase?

5.15pm ~ ok, i'm the only one left... suitcase... (some nervous toe tapping going on)...

5.30pm ~ oh, the carousel has offcially stopped.

5.40pm ~ "Baggage Blues" counter. F**kwits. Virgin Blue have lost my luggage.

What a crappy way to end the holiday!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home