t

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

the holidays...

Christmas and New Years this year can best be described as interesting. They were quite good, but somehow I felt unsettled throughout the entire period, neither here nor there. I didn't quite feel the season or the celebration, and somehow muddled through the week.

Moving house

The weekend before Christmas was spent moving out to Panu's parents place. That in itself was a painful task and now we live in North Rocks, which is next to Parramatta. Me, urbanite extraordinaire, I can't handle the drive into the city. It's 30 mins without traffic, so imagine when peak hour hits again next week.

The actual living with the parents has been pretty painless ~ they are driving Panu insane though, but I guess they're his parents afterall. What I don't like? They don't have a dryer! Oh. My. God. what a princess! *heHe*

Christmas

Traditionally European, we celebrated on Christmas eve at the Nevalainen household. I had to dash to the city for last minute pressies and managed to get back just in time for the festivities & food. We ate so much that I suffered massive indigestion that night ~ I kid you not, couldn't sleep a minute, and I'm guessing that me having the crankies on Christmas Day probably kicked off my average holiday season!





























Christmas was also shared with my other pseudo families in Sydney ~ Babs & family, Ian & Stef, as well as the Segura's. Food food and more food. No over eating or indigestion - this pussycat does learn from her mistakes!































Pressies

Receiving presents is always fun but not as much as giving, and definitely not as fun as wrapping! I think I've discovered my calling in life. How scary!

I got many many gorgeous and useful gifts ~ thank you muchly to everyone! There was some Napoleon makeup, Borders gift voucher, lots of Lonely Planet stuff, a Moleskine diary, gorgeous jewellery, Oroton goodies and other beautiful things.

Panu bought me (amongst other very practical gifts) a stunning Georg Jensen necklace & pendant ~ absolutely perfect in its simplicity.

... and last but certainly not least, I got me a new toy ~ the Sony Cybershot DSC-T20 in white! Love it!


New Year's

ahh... New Year's. I'm in two minds about New Year's.

Dinner at I'm Angus was fabulous. Divine. Four courses of luscious seafood, steak and dessert, brilliant company and right on the water in Darling Harbour. Thanks Mel for organising the feast, it was excellent!






























After dinner we met up with some others at Loft. The Loft was an interesting experience. While it was great that Babs, Mags and others were there, did we really just pay $80 for what feels like a normal Friday night? The crowd was average, drinks were average and the DJ was well below average. I had a few drinks and attempted to get drunk enough to enjoy Geri Halliwell on the dance floor but that's a big ask.

Meanwhile, the loves of my life ~ the Stanton Warriors ~ were playing a few doors down at Chinese Laundry. I knew wholeheartedly that's where I should have been, but commitments were made and that was that.

I think we did make the best of a "meh" situation though. We drank, we danced, we went home around 3.30am.











I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and a blast of a New Year. I know my 2008 is going to be incredible and I want yours to be too!

Stanton Warriors, I'm coming to your town in 23 days!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome blog and awesome pics =)

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home