t

Friday, November 23, 2007

perth...

... was over too quickly.
... was so much fun.
... was sentimental.
... is the home of my closest friends.
... has Gizmo.

for all the above reasons and more, my trip to perth (or rather, leaving it) was totally heartwrenching. It was really like I'd never left. Elaine and I picked up our conversation where we left it 12 months ago, and staying at Jade's house truly felt like a time warp. Have I really been away over 4.5 years? Surely not! Besides the new fandangle tv they have and Gizmo's continuously growing gut, I felt more at home than I have anywhere for a long time.

I miss them. a lot.

alas, the fun lasted only 4 days. retrospectively, i wonder why i didn't just stay for a week. i wish i had. Too much was crammed into the few days ~

Friday night dinner with Elaine, Wendy, Mags & Janee ~ Saigon chicken rice, my most favourite!










Ivan & Monica's beautiful wedding on the Terrace @ Parmelia Hilton...






















... followed by the lovely and equally crazy reception in the Swan Room.





























I've known Ivan for a whole decade now, and I remember clearly when he first met Monica. He's always been one of those friends who I can talk to about anything, and I love the crap out of him. I'm happy he's finally tied the knot with the woman who he's been head over heels for for 10 years.

*sniff*

Moving right along! Sunday was a gorgeous sunny day in Fremantle... had to have Cicerello's!





























and ofcourse, spending time with my precious Gizmo.












Well, I guess things change and people grow up. I'm a drifter at heart and I know I can't have the best of both worlds. So let me look forward, not backward and speaking of which, it is only 9 weeks today that we take off....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home