t

Sunday, June 08, 2008

a good Sunday

its 8.45pm and I am sitting here sat-is-fied. it's been one of those days where you actually look at life and realise it's not always big and scary. there are days when you do feel blessed and actually happy to be breathing the air around you, albeit London air... but! today is not about whinging.

we got up at 9am, surprisingly fit and fighting after several tequila shots and cocktails at Tammy & Owen's farewell last night. the sun was shining (no I'm not being a comedian) and it was warm. I realise that when I say "warm" these days, I could be referring to all of 18 degrees... but today was 26. 26! tanktop, skirt and flipflops on, we headed out for breakfast at Paul. After a chausson pommes and tea, Panu headed home to study and I headed off on the big Handbag Hunt.

Handbags. those who know me know I've never really been into handbags. I use something that looks ok to me, is practical and not too pricey. My heart never skipped a beat at the first sight of the latest LV, for example, and I sure never missed any sleep over not having one. But recent days have had me thinking that as I creep up on the big three-oh, do I need a more serious handbag?

well, the short answer is yes. and it doesn't help that since being in London, I've suffered from handbag envy at the mercy of my friends who have been to Italy and come back with beautiful arm candy (not of the male variety). I'm still waiting for my own trip to the land of gorgeous handbags to commit to something uber stylish, so in the mean time I decided to hit Selfridges & Co and buy myself a beautiful but afforable handbag.

My new baby? a DKNY Town & Country Shoulder Tote. OoOoooo I loooove it!

and what else could possibly make my day better? how about a pair of shoes! *nod nod* meandering around Topshop supposedly looking for a belt, i accidentally wandered into the Shoe Lounge and *oops* bought a new pair of the cutest Mary Janes. Basking in the glow of my new accessories, i then accidentally fell into Nails Inc. and into a pedicure *double oops!*

shopping is hard work. 2pm and I am starving! but oh, how uncool to dine alone. With one phone call, my well behaved boyfriend is once again at my side, enjoying lunch on Carnaby Street's C'est Ici, where I had the most delicious smoothie ever ~ Melon Elixir ~ who knows what's in it... who cares??

after lunch I was genuinely tired, so we wandered home slowly... for a siesta.

who could complain?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ying said...

oh my, i heart the shoes in topshop! i want i want!

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home