t

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

sex and the city

Where do I start? I watched Sex and the City days ago but it’s taken me this long to gather my thoughts about it. Not just because I want to be careful to not reveal the plot for anybody, but also because the movie stirred in me so many feelings that I can’t really put my finger on what or why, but all I know is that I loved it.

I don’t think I’ve cried this much in a movie since Mufasa died in The Lion King (ok, honestly, you all cried too) and we’re not just talking about damp eyes. We’re talking free flow, so much so that I had to go incognito (bless the big sunnies!) all the way home from Wimbledon because I was pretty much wearing my mascara on my face. Incidentally, my pea-sized bladder almost caused me to miss the most heartbreaking moment in the movie, but thanks also to my profound skill at speed-peeing, the moment was saved.

The movie is filled with moments ~ moments that identify with every woman out there (hence the show’s mind numbing success), moments that we have loved for the better part of 10 years. The characters feel familiar, and it goes without saying that the fashion is phenomenal. To me there is one particular moment, or storyline rather, which hit home and brought back some truly buried emotions. I love a movie that can do this – to make us laugh, to be scandalous, to make us fashion envious… and at the same time to show us that even people who live in dream worlds are only humans.

One more thing though, was there actually enough sex in the movie?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home