t

Friday, September 12, 2008

29 and 7 days...

today, i turned 29 years and 7 days old. i had a pretty good night ~ we finally, finally, got around to watching Wall-E, which if you haven't seen it... is just pure pleasure on a big flat screen. how pixar can convey the story with a number of bleeps and buzzes (although Ben Burtt is just something else all together) is just beyond me, but above anything else, little Wall-E and Eve speak the language of love, something that has been long lost in movies of recent years I think.

anyway, don't worry I didn't have a bizarre 29 years and 7 days old party today, i celebrated last Friday, when I was just 29 years and zero days old. it was a quiet quiet birthday, with a bit of everything that makes catty happy.

on Friday Panu took me to Hakuba for dinner, indulging on the 6 course Tanglin Tasting Menu. I'm a sucker for Japanese food, but this is one of the best I've had the pleasure of putting into my glutton mouth. Entrees were fresh, tasty and artistic. Mains were finger lickin' good.. and the dessert platter. well. words just don't describe.

I was also spoilt with presents throughout dinner, some small, some big, all thoughtful and cherished. My favourite? All of them, ofcourse!



On Saturday I met Mel C for breakunch at Paul, yes, more glutton stuff. I had a mini croissant, a mini chocolate croissant and a mini raison scroll, washed down with one large cup of breakfast tea. Fuelled up, we hit Topshop, did some shopping and indulged in the girliest of girlie activities - mani's & pedi's at Nails Inc! *Sweeeeeet*

Saturday evening was spent with friends and a volcanic rum bogul bogul at Match Bar ~ it promised to be a great evening until the bar went and shut on us at the ripe young hour of midnight, leaving us venueless! We went home.. *boo*



















I guess the early night was a blessing in disguise.. on Sunday we managed to breeze through the Regent Street Festival - boring - and check out the V&A Museum, which is something I've wanted to do since we arrived in London. It's a really cool museum, and you really ought to believe me, because... I know this makes me sound massively shallow, but I'm not huge on the culture thing and i loved the V&A.

more party and V&A pics here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home