t

Monday, February 19, 2007

load of crap

i've always been a sceptic and now i will forever be a sceptic.

i have a number of friends who believe in tarot readings and clairvoyants. being a scientist at heart, i've never been spiritual in this way. having said that, i am not against anyone who is ~ to each their own. anyway, i'd been saying for a while now that i wonder if there is any truth to these things, so as part of my christmas present, panu gave me a voucher to a day spa ~ and after being pampered in the spa and a nice long massage, i went for my first tarot reading ever.

the result? when once i was a 99% non-believer, we're now sitting at about 110%.

this lady had no clue, and if she was speaking to my guides, they are a bunch of tricksters! poor lady just could not get anything right. among her useless jabbering, she pointed out to me that:

1) the men in my life are all several years older than me, meaning they are in their mid-20's - guess i looked young and refreshed after a massage!

2) i have been desperately trying to move overseas for years but i can't because...

3) i live at home and spend too much time baby'ing my parents and as a result i feel trapped.

4) i have a sister...

*frown*

5) no, i have brother who is younger...

*shaking my head in humour and disbelief*

6) i mean, older.

7) and my older brother is the less responsible one, he's a party animal who isn't ready to settle down.

my god, being there for 30 minutes was actually pretty painful.

in other news...

boonga is back from cairns for a week so we all headed out to toko for dinner on friday night. toko in Surry Hills opened 2 weeks ago and ita has just started as the dessert chef. needless to say we were fed amazingly well and went home with happy bellies.

still on boonga, we had Chinese New Year lunch yesterday and boy is he sweet! when i was in cairns last December, my brother bought me a little fluoro green koala trinket, it was only $5 from a souvenir shop but it was the thought. anyway, as with all of my other loved things, i lost it when f**king virgin blue lost my luggage. well, boonga bought me a new koala toy all the way from cairns. so. cute.

the rest of yesterday was spent with my sexy boyfriend (yep, i've graduated from saying "my boyfriend" to "my sexy boyfriend") at Clovelly Beach. Absolutely beautiful.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tarot card reader at Dockside tells all the overseas students they had travelled from overseas. *durrr* That's as good as the doctor that told my friends there is a 50:50 chance that their baby is a boy or a girl - true story.

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home