t

Monday, March 05, 2007

suck it up, Princess!

i have officially completed one of my resolutions! On Friday night, i bravely took a trip down to Kaleidoscope, a tattoo & piercing parlour in Bondi, and got me my very first tattoo!! All week long, I had been so excited in the anticipation of being a marked, but isn't it funny how excitement turns into anxiety, which quickly turns into a need to violently vomit all over anyone who comes near you?

Anyway, I had been such a cool cat until Thursday night, when my colleague told me her boyfriend found the pain so incredibly unbearable that he had to bite down on a piece of wood as he was tattoo'd. I hadn't worried much about the pain, I mean for gods sake I get waxed every month and that, my friends, hurts. In any case, arriving at Kaleidoscope, seeing 2 big tough men grimacing as they were being tattoo'd ... that set the retching *almost* in motion.

Now, in hindsight? The only thing I can say to men is "suck it up you Princesses!" Not only did the process not hurt that much, seriously, biting on a piece of wood??? Gimme a break!

I keep forgetting to ask someone to take photos of my tattoo for me, and yes i've tried reaching behind my right shoulder, with my right shoulder, to take some myself but somehow that just doesnt work. I'll have some pics up as soon as i can coerce someone into playing photographer. Stay tuned....!

8 March 2007 ~

Taken last night, not a great shot due to the reflection from the antiseptic cream. That is the back of my right shoulder blade, for those playing at home!

Will attempt to take some photos in daylight this weekend.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home