t

Monday, May 28, 2007

warm & fuzzy

Last friday night, we ran an auction night at work, with all proceeds going towards the Starlight Children's Foundation. Our aim was to grant one wish, which costs $5000. Unbelievably, amazingly, ecstatically... we raised $10,595. I was floored by the support we were given, not only from the generous companies who donated prizes, but from my colleagues, who I had mostly thought were tightasses *heH*, willing to pay more than retail for an item, because they knew the dollars were going to a good cause.

It was an amazing night, with Ian "Chappelli" Chappell as the hilarious albeit a little tipsy auctioneer, lots of great food & drinks, and the most enormous profitterole cake I ever laid eyes on (and heaviest damn cake I've ever had to lift!). I think everyone had a good time, and they should all feel warm and fuzzy because not only are we granting one wish, or even two - my company, Dimension Data, has offered to top up to $15,000 allowing us to grant three wishes this year!

I'm fuzzy.

Anyway, the rest of the weekend was brilliant, if not a little nuts. Panu and I got up on Saturday morning and went to the botanical gardens to do 10 reps of "the stairs" - that's 106 steps by 10. My calves are still feeling it today. We spent the rest of the day cruising on the couch (I'm getting into chick lit), and spent the evening watching Pirates 3 (oooo Johnny!) and pigging out at Pancakes on the Rocks. Twas our 6 months afterall... hehe 6 months. how cute is that?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home