t

Monday, December 01, 2008

i left my heart in NYC

we're back, we arrived to the gloom (I almost wrote "doom and gloom" which isn't too far from the truth!) of London early yesterday morning and I am officially, clinically, depressed. I cannot believe how much I loved NYC, i mean i knew i was going to have an awesome time - everyone does - but that city, its energy, people, life, colours... i just loved it.

it's no secret that i've never been a huge fan of London, and now, comparing it to NYC doesn't help. Most people love London - they love the history and character and old cobble-stoned streets... but what they love about London is precisely what I dont love about it. I'm not into the old ~ just give me the modern dammit! NYC, marry me.

anyway, enough of the sad. What did I love most about NYC? I loved Time Square by night. If it wasn't so darn cold (one morning it was 21°F, which guys, is -6°C!) I would have been content to sit out there all day... and what else did I love? Diner breakfasts and their "home fries", which is basically mash potatoes, fried. I loved so many other things too, far too many to name... and geez did we fit a lot into one week, from Madison Square Garden (basketball and ice hockey - Rangers!) to shopping (Macy's, Barneys, Bloomingdales, 5th Avenue... everywhere!). A 3hr cruise around Manhattan Island, Empire State Building, Central Park... China town and Little Italy... Ground Zero, SoHo, Greenwhich Village and Tribeca and wandered around midtown a number of times...

we ate, and ate... and ate til I actually puked one time. Shame.

oh, and our hotel was just unbelievable.

Our one week was up way too quickly and when we were leaving I felt quite like a child, teary-eyed and almost about to throw a tantrum. Why can't I stay just one day longer???

We took about 600 photos, but I've managed to upload an album of just 60 here.

Now i'm going to sulk, and somehow dig myself out of this funk.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home