t

Saturday, November 08, 2008

me & my Jo

where do i start? Jo and i met one year long long ago, at a work 'Easter Carvinal Day'. Amidst the stench of farmyard animals, we connected, and happily nurtured our budding friendship at Circular Quay with a cocktail or two or ten. our relationship developed pretty quickly, and before I knew it I was visiting Level 5, wiling away my work hours sitting on Jo's desk, and Jo would brave the impenetrable Level 6 snobbiness and visit me at mine. It was love, platonic, but love.

and then she told me she was moving to London. i felt like my heart was ripped from my chest, an emptiness in my throat. and it was all so sudden... we never did have the farewell lunch at Lindt Cafe that we had planned. Or Max Brenner. Whatever, it involved chocolate.

we stayed in touch intermittently via msn and facebook (God bless) and who knew, but a year and a half later, here i followed Jo to London and we rekindled our much treasured relationship. And now? she is leaving me again, back to the sunny shores of Sydney. DON'T GO JO! You will make London that much more miserable... and I will be empty once again.

*sigh*

Jo never ceases to amaze me. I constantly pinch myself to remind me that she's five years younger than me... her wisdom and maturity far outweighs mine, and she always always makes my day. I have no idea how our strong friendship was built.. I mean, we even share an ex (and how funny was it the night we found out!) and being females, shouldn't we be clawing at each others throats or stealthily deflating each other's wonderbra? Hardly.

I'll miss you Ms Nicholson... and I know you suck at emailing... so here I put all my faith in Faceboook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home