t

Monday, October 20, 2008

last weekend...

... was brilliant. you know those illusive weekends, where you have a big(ish) Friday night... and on Saturday it feels like a Sunday, but it's only Saturday?!?! Yeh, I had one of those. Rare as gold, and definitely more precious!

Friday night was the annual C Hoares & Co "supper party", hosted by Panu's employers and held at the lavish Royal Courts of Justice. The venue was so impressive I'd commit a crime to be tried there. Not too nasty though, or you get sent to the Old Bailey, not nearly as pretty. Recovered from my flu bug but nursing crazy sore legs from boxing, I still put on my new high high heels (there is no beauty without pain, ok) and headed out for a part-ay!

we drank and mingled and made some new friends... by the end of the night my feet were killing me, and it was all I could do to not take my shoes off when the cab dropped us two blocks from home. don't worry, i kept my shoes on. i always keep my shoes on. all class *wink*

Saturday saw the arrival of Grace! A friend from Sydney, here to live and a new play buddy for moi *grin* we ate pizza and hung out, until nap time came tapping on my shoulder...

Fresh from my nap, Panu and I headed out to meet Shawn, Wei-Lin and Barry for dinner at a new restaurant Shawn found ~ and I'm convinced he only wanted to go for the sheer novelty factor of being able to play Battleships on your dining table! No joke, with interactive menus, ordering, chef-cam and games (yes, including Battleships), who wouldn't want to go?





















I highly recommend Inamo. Novelty aside, the system is brilliant - and the food is amazing. Supposedly headed up by an ex-Nobu trained chef, the food is strikingly similar. I ordered the Black Cod for my main, and honestly? could not tell the difference.










Black cod ala Inamo, and Black cod ala Nobu...

The bill also comes back a little lighter, and with a funky bar downstairs for pre & post dinner drinks, what else could you want?

Sunday was a lazy day. Hell it felt like I was given a free day! Panu and I bummed around the west end, and oh yes, right after having a banana & nutella crepe for lunch, I got another nap in!

a few more pics here...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home