t

Monday, October 13, 2008

hola españa!

so. the girls trip to barcelona was not the best for me... i'd been feeling mildly ill all week and was dosing up on massive quantities of vitamins in order to get better quick, but seemed nature had far more sinister plans for me. my sore throat started getting worse on Friday, and by the time we touched down in Spain, i was swallowing razorblades.

this flu bug got me good.

the girls had a huge (and messy) weekend planned and all I wanted to do was have a bit of spanish fun! But the bug put me in such bad shape that i was drugged up all weekend, no drinkies and certainly no partying for me.

I did manage to venture out for dinner (sick as I am, i still gotta eat) and also wandered around in the warm Spanish sunshine during the day. My highlights? St Josep's market, La Boqueria, where there was food in every shape, size, colour, smell... i downed a fresh kiwi juice to boost the vitamin C and a mango sorbet for my razorblade throat... small treasures which made me feel better if only for an instant.





















I also loved the Sagrada Familia, although didn't have enough time to go inside. a must do for my next trip to Barca, hopefully in the not too distant future...


The plane ride home was nothing short of painful, with my ears blocked... but I survived. Never again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home