t

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Babs...

In the early hours of last Thursday morning, Babs gave birth to a little boy... Lachlan Thomas Sutton, weighing in at 3.935kg, who opened his little eyes and looked around the moment he was born.

the strangest thing was that on Wednesday I woke up thinking about Babs, and could not get her out of my mind. I'm not talking about just you know, wondering if she's popped... I was incredibly distracted at work, not able to focus on anything, and had the utmost gut feeling that she was giving birth. So i called her, she didnt pick up (nothing new there)... and I sent her a text to say I was thinking about her... Mags replied that Babs was in labour, about to give birth.

Creeeeepy!

Babs and I go way back. Waaaaaay back, to the days of dance parties and listless gossiping in the university gazebo. We even share an ex-boyfriend, although we'd both rather forget that. We moved to Sydney at the same time, we lived out of each other's pockets... we toiled through hours of wedding invitations... we just were. Babs and I could talk for hours, or not talk for hours, which I loved. To me, she's as good as a sister, one of my best friends...

When I last saw her in Sydney she was 8 months pregnant with little Lachie...

And now she's a mum... I can't believe Babs has a son! It's all I can do to not buy myself a ticket and head home right now to see her.









































































Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know post pregnant people get really emotional as well...think it's the who milk/breast feeding thing!!!
I miss you soooooooooo much.. wish you could be with me through this whole new experience.
Love Babs

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just found this post when I googled LTS to find his blog... I knew you had a blog but I have only ever read you cattylife blog!! OMG... in some of those photos above I actually thought it was me!!

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home