t

Thursday, October 16, 2008

boxing bunny

tonight i had my very first private boxing lesson. i've always been interested in boxing, the same way as i've always wanted to play the drums if i could have picked any musical instrument, but the cost, space and the ridiculous out of time thump-thumping simply outweighed my need to drum... which was probably also best for the sanity of every person in a half mile radius of me.

i tried joining group boxing classes a few years ago but without a consistent partner the same size and weight class as me, i've always found it a let down and stopped. I don't know why it never occurred to me to have private lessons - actually, i know why.. mulah - but geez, talk about enlightenment.

so tonight, i had my first lesson. my trainer taught me about the stance, we jabbed, power punched, ducked, hooked and upper-cutted. and i am sore. and incredibly excited! it was exhilirating... and i think i have found a new hobby... perhaps even a passion....?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

boxing, really?! wow.

9:35 AM  
Blogger catty said...

yep! :) dont worry, my trainer doesn't hit back. Just me doing the boxing!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Ying said...

hahaha madness! i've always wanted a pair of boxing gloves but never got around to it cause i don't have a punching bag :p.

2:48 AM  
Blogger Leon B said...

U gonna fight me now Cat? =P

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home