t

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

my unhealthy relationship with the tv...

I'm beginning to think I have an extremely unhealthy relationship with my tv. Growing up, I rarely watched tv because my family owned one tiny tv for the entire house.. and this tv didn't even have a remote! Having my tv-watching monitored also decreased the fun in a major way and so... I didn't watch tv.
When I moved out 7 (wow, it's been 7?! ) years ago, one of the first things I bought was tv and BOY have things changed since then!!! I gotta make up for lost time!

This realisation hit me last night when I was watching X-Factor, followed by Desperate Housewives (and taping Law & Order), followed by the Biggest Loser, followed by The Apprentice. I was wondering when should I watch my taped L&O? Tuesday? Wednesday? Thursday? Stay home and watch it Friday??? OMG I'm an addict.

Well I can't watch it on Tuesday - that would be Survivor, then OC (tape CSI), then Rove (tape CSI NY)... and maybe some sleep? Wednesday is no good for me either, that's American Idol, CSI Miami and ooh I don't want to watch Battlestar Galactica but.. that Spaceman song's so addictive!!! Thursday... my favourite show.. SVU (tape Lost), and The Amazing Race (tape Medical Investigation).

So anyway as you can see, my problem is not when can I watch tv, but when can I watch all the stuff I taped??? I don't have enough hours in my day, seeing as I value sleep more than anything!!

And to make matters worse.... O N E T R E E H I L L...

I started watching One Tree Hill over the summer when all other decent tv goes on vacation. I got addicted to Lucas and his dopey smile, and the bastards took it off !!

My sweet sweet (yet sneakily misleading) friend Elaine however, downloaded the rest of Season 1 and Season 2 and sent me the dvd. DAMMITTTT.... now I'm hooked and spent last Sunday watching 8 episodes of One Tree Hill almost - almost - back to back. I needed a lunch break.

So now not only am I hooked on regular tv, and all the things I tape, but I am also at the mercy of another 30 odd episodes of One Tree Hill - that's until the end of this month when Elaine's sending me Season 3???

*sigh*

I have to be grateful for one thing. My boyfriend is equally addicted as I am *hehe*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home