t

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

fear and loathing...

So I finished reading The Alchemist. Opinion? I really really didn't like it. Maybe I'm just a science baby at heart but this book is the most spiritual piece of writing I have laid eyes on - oh except for the Bible. The theme of self discovery are fine, I agree with them. But I found myself physically shaking my head in disagreement as I read. The way the story is told is so.. sooooo... I don't even know the word for it. Fluffy? You know, like - we'll summon the soul of the wind and the soul of the sun and the soul of the desert and I'll fly like the wind - that kind of crap (sorry, maybe not crap to other people but crap to me).

Glad it's over.

Now reading Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas. This was made into a movie starring Benecio Del Toro and Johnny Depp, but I'd never read the book. 6 chapters down and it's awesome! 2 guys driving through the desert in a highly drug induced state - imagining people turning into reptiles.. crazy flocks of bats...

*sigh* maybe I should have read The Alchemist in a drug induced state....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home