t

Friday, December 09, 2005

HEL-LO weekend!

Sorry it's taken me all week to write this post. This week has been the most mentally taxing week I've experienced in a long time, both for work and personally. In the last 4 days, I've had to make some major decisions which had the capacity to double the size of a major account... or to lose it all together. I've also had to make a tough decision on the next step of my career. And on top of that, any project that could go wrong went wrong, and any project that looked pretty straight forward also went wrong. So that was my week!

So my career! There's a lot of detail but I'll just give you the nutshell version. I've been wanting to get back into Marketing for some time now. I started looking around, and on Monday was verbally offered a pretty good position with one of Australia's leading Private Health Funds. Didata's marketing director is one of my work referees. So when she got whiff of this news, her and the marketing manager offered me a role in Didata - better job, better pay! So after a number of meetings, hands were shook, letters were signed... and I shall remain an employee of Dimension Data.

This role starts Jan 16 2006, and encompasses a range of Marketing tasks from strategic marketing, to campaign management, to events, to communication and PR, and alliances. Should be great fun!

So anyway, after a mentally and physically draining week, I'm home on a Friday night.. watching the European MTV Awards. The Pussycat Dolls just performed. I never noticed how hot they were... hmmmm! I'm sure most guys do wish their girlfriend were as hot as the Pussycat Dolls!

2 weeks til Christmas! That means 2 weeks til I get to lay on the beach at Port Stephens and do N.O.T.H.I.N.G. Can't wait!!!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Loreen said...

Congrats on the "new job" Cat. Its good that you've finally gotten back into Marketing after wanting to for some time.

2 weeks 'til skiing!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool, congratulations, gorgeous... now can you get me a job?

arthur

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear PeiLin,

well done on the promotion! love reading your blog. your life is way more fun than mine :)

Maylin

9:52 PM  
Blogger catty said...

Thanks guys =) Maylin have you read your own little brother's blog? Pretty good writing!!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home