t

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

movie review time!

I saw The Davinci Code on Sunday night with my bro and Bec. My opinion? I think those who haven't read the book will thoroughly enjoy the movie. However having read the book... well, the book is about a bazillion times better! I know that different medias have pros and cons, and while the movie brought to life with visual imagery the 'clues' in Davinci's paintings, the book was more capable of delving into the actual history related to the book - especially with aspects of Opus Dei. Plus I thought the movie was kinda slow.

Last night I saw Mission Impossible 3 with Dave. The movie? Yeaaaahh not bad. Not typical MI stuff. I think Tom Cruise must've gone to acting school cos he shed a couple of real tears! Good effort! Storyline was ok, and Jonathan Rhys Meyers is hot!! Oh yeh and I ditched Chris for this movie cos I think he's jinxed.

So in summary?
  • The Davinci Code : 4 stars out of 5
  • Mission Impossible 3 : 3.5 stars out of 5
  • Jonathan Rhys Meyers : 4 out of 5
  • Dave : 4.5 out of 5... only cos he made me miss the previews *boo*

And - I'll be seeing X-men 3 with Leon this weekend! I SO can't wait! Hehehehe...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home