t

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

bring on the Queenslanders!

Last night marked the beginning of small dribble of Queenslanders into my life over the next few days. After a 1.5 hour delay - yep, in the delayed time they could have actually flown here and then back to Brissie again! - Shari & Matt finally descended into chilly Sydney enroute to NYC. I've known Shari since primary school and we've been best buds since her first day when I shyly said... "hi... would you like to play with me?" *hehe* and more than 15 years later, we are still playing! Our friendship has withstood a lot... we are essentially very very different people but our bond has outlasted such things as crazy mothers who banned us from hanging out, boys, trends (she was the alternative one, I was the 'normal' one) and ummm.... the wrath of fluoro yellow condoms.... dont ask!!

Last night we went down to Coogee at about 11pm to meet up with Tony, had a few drinks and saw the most amazing night time view of Coogee I've ever seen. Got home around 2am... chatted... and up again at 6am to take them to the airport... a quick hello, a sad goodbye. Shari is one of those best friends who I may go months without seeing... but will always always be there.

Anyway today my brother & Bec are in town and I have the fun task of taking Bec factory outlet shopping! *whee* Quite appropriate really because I had a fortune cookie yesterday and my fortune actually said "you will buy some new clothes". I shit you not!!

And... tomorrow my folks arrive. Believe it or not, in the 9 years that I have lived away from home... this is the first time they are visiting me. Scary huh?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home