t

Monday, September 25, 2006

big fat weekend blog..

another weekend gone and more lack of sleep! it's fine, i'm not whinging, self inflicted lack of sleep is not to be pitied.

Friday ~

Friday night was quiet, headed home after a drink at work and watched Sympathy for Mr Vengeance - some bizarro Korean movie. Mel & I decided lazing around just wasn't constructive so at about 10pm we headed out for some gelato - as you do - at Gelatomassi!

Best thing about Newtown? No one cares if you traipse down King Street in your jammies. I cheated though - my jammies that night had glow-in-the-dark stars all over them, so i changed into jeans hehe.. sorry mel!

Saturday ~

Geno arrived bright and early Saturday morning and took me out for a big fat brekky @ Orange Peel in Balmain. I had the Turkish Delight, which consisted of smoked salmon, avocado and poached eggs on turkish toast.... yummmmmmmm... the big breakfast was a necessity on Saturday morning because we were on a mission to find a stockist for Reese's Peanutbutter Cups and Reese's Butterfingers in Sydney...

And FIND WE DID!

We had to trek all the way to Rockdale (drove past my old place, memories..) and find an obscure little 'asian mini mart' but we did it and stocked up we are! Been doing a daily stocktake with Geno though, and although he bought a lot.. this morning's stocktake rested at 1 remaining buttercup. Geno-monster eats a lot.

After chocolate shopping we met up with boonga and did the car shopping thing.. i looked at lots of WRX's, poked around a bit... found a hot pink one that i thought was kinda cool, but i don't think he liked that one. Ah well...

Later that evening, boonga, cam, mel & i had dinner at this gorgeous quaint little French restaurant called Tabou. i had a minor disaster though - literally 30 seconds before I was due to be picked up, spastic me poured water all over my top rendering it unwearable.. and i had to CHANGE!! Seriously, only the dudettes who read this blog will understand how flustering a last minute unplanned outfit change can be. I had no backups, threw on a top and had no matching jewellery! Argghhhh....

After dinner we met up with Parham and his new ladyfriend @ Kuleto's in Newtown and when it was time to call it a night, boonga stupidly said to me "hey, do you wanna go to Laundry?".... and I must have stupidly replied "uhh ok!".... cos at 2am, where are we? Bouncing away amongst the dodgiest crowd in Sydney.. *wheeee*....





Stumbled home at about 5am.. (which is really early considering our last few weekends...).. and stayed up having the most intriguing d&m...

Sunday ~

the d&m continued as the sun came up... and then it was time to sleep! ZzZzzzzZZZzzz... on and off until dinner time when I rushed out again to Balmain, where my friend Geoff's band was playing @ Bald Rock Hotel. Nevermind that I was late and actually missed his set... I had a great catchup with him, Betsy, Chris and other work peepz... mosied on home at about 9pm and crawled into bed.


What a weekend...

So - now I'm ready for back to back raves this coming weekend!! I say BRING IT ON!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home