t

Thursday, January 24, 2008

panu...

it will officially be 14 months tomorrow. The last year has been an incredible, eye-opening experience for me. It’s been a calm, peaceful, beautiful year and I feel more grounded and secure than I ever have. Rumour has it that part of this is because with age comes maturity, but hey, those are just rumours! I’d like to think it’s because Panu has the incredible power to bring peace to my life, which before this… while it has always been fun, it was also tumultuous, anxious and unsettled.

He protects me and encourages me with just the right balance. He’ll open doors for me, but he’ll then send me out to fight my own battles. He acknowledges I’m a lady and I need him, but he also supports my independence and knows I can do it on my own.

There are so many things I value about him, but mostly, and one I’ll share, is probably the soppiest… so grab hold of the bucket, I can hear you gag already!

He has the ability to just hold me when I need him to. I’m particularly impressed when it’s the lead up to that time of the month and I’m so fragile I would burst into tears if someone so much as asked me to pass the salt. I sniffle and cry and sometimes sob and all he does is holds me. Occasionally he’ll ask ‘what’s wrong, baby?’ and when I give the frustratingly non-committal ‘I don’t know’ or even worse ‘nothing’, he doesn’t get frustrated with me, but just holds me tighter, which inevitably makes me cry even more. This, I’ve decided, is a fine art many male persons still need to master.

Gallantry is not about saving the girl. It’s about being there for her.

So it’s been 14 months, only 14 months i know. But I’m happy and so… very relaxed. I’m hoping that we have some great times ahead. Moving overseas together will probably put a massive amount of pressure on me and us, but what doesn’t break you makes you stronger, right?

And you know what my mum said? “don’t dump him, ok? We like him” ~ hehe… how cute is that?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home