t

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

green fingers and other things...

Suffering from Monday-itis on a Tuesday is a strange thing, and its an uber bad case seeing as I've had the last 6 days off! Weekend accomplishments make up for it though, better than having spent the time doing nothing.

Friday night i bummed @ Mel & Cams - which I think will become a regular occurence - before we headed back to mine to check out my new home. We bummed some more, whilst eating gelato from Ice & Slice, which makes bumming all the more enjoyable!

Saturday - me, Mel & creme brulee *drool* need I say more?

Saturday night I caught up with Brett, an old friend from Perth, for dinner... went to Superbowl hella looking forward to Pipi's in XO sauce... and was reminded that Brett is allergic to shellfish! My God - what is with these guys who are allergic to my favourite food?? So, chicken and pork it was. No pipi's, no oysters, no nothing luxurious for Cat.

Sunday was an awesome day! It was National Tree Day, and in an attempt to greenify my fingers, I went along to Clifton Garden Reserve @ Mosman bright and early and planted trees with Planet Ark. It was the most gorgeous day to be out and about, and with some great co-workers and a free BBQ, how could we go wrong?












I planted a total of 9 indigenous and local trees... and played with a lot of cute kids.. and lots of earth worms...










After the hard work.. Betsy & I decided to do something quite different and kicked back at an NRL game - Roosters vs Cowboys and yes, crap that the Cowboys lost but Bets & I weren't really keeping count - we were too busy devouring hot chips and checking out Roosters # 16 - who is he??

Monday... well Monday was crappola really - had to get up at 6.30am and trek down south to clean my Rockdale apartment. All done...

And so, it is Monday-itis for me today. But work is good, I missed my dear little colleagues.... and it took me no time to get to work from Newtown today!

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Leon! I miss you!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home