t

Monday, December 22, 2008

and that was another year...

I thought I’d post this today, nine days shy of the new year, because tomorrow we are off on holidays and will be back just in time to bid 2008 goodbye.

It almost goes without saying that this year has been the most adventurous that I have lived, thus far. I’ve probably moved and migrated more than the average person in their 20’s. It started with the first migration from Australia to Malaysia, and then back again. Then I moved from Brisbane to Perth and Perth to Sydney… but nothing compares to the most recently migration, to London.

If you’d told me two years ago that this year I would be living in the United Kingdom and travelling Europe, I would not have believed you. I was more than satisfied with my Sydney existence, and more than happy with the travel (or there lack of) that I had done. But this year, I have imprinted my child-sized shoe print on not only England, but France, Belgium, Finland, Scotland, Spain, America (!) and before the year is out, I will add Morocco and Italy to this list. It’s crazy. It is actually insane. And the craziest thing is that I’m doing it all with my absolute favourite person in the world… and as much as I whine about London, I wouldn’t trade this experience for anything in the world.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home