t

Sunday, December 21, 2008

my foodie mate

i clearly remember the day i officially met Melissa C. she'd moved to London for work and not knowing anyone, a mutual friend who was here on holidays organised for us to meet up for lunch, because she had an inkling that maybe, just maybe, we would hit it off. Even before I met Mel C, i already knew she was a foodie just like me thanks to her blog (which she needs to re-start again!) and booked us in to a three course lunch to kick start our budding friendship!

from there i would say our friendship more than flourished. it's only been nine months since we met but i can truly say that that girl is a special one. Despite our obvious moral differences (i can openly say fuck and penis, but Mel would rather loofah her tongue than utter those words), our mutual adoration for all things yummy bonded us. We revived the breakunch, squeezed in lunches where we could, and above all else, spent way more than our allocated time at Hummingbird.

mmm.... red velvet and vanilla cake. who will i share them with now?

Man that girl can eat.

Anyway, without dwelling too much on Mel C (or cake)... i guess some times you realise it's not the people who you've known all your life that are your closest friends by default. Sometimes if you let them, special people come into you life. For a day, a week, a year or forever.

Mel is one of the special ones for me. I miss her a lot, though it's only been a week, but with any luck I'll see her again in March next year. We are planning a rendezvous in Sydney... and a visit to none other than Tetsuyas for a true foodie reunion... *wheee*

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't read your blog in so long (see what lack of Internet at home can do to me) and then I came on and saw this! Omg, thank you for the big ups, you are such a sweetheart! I love you heaps and you know, some people you meet, you just know you were destined to be friends with and you're one of those for me! I can't wait to Tetsuya it with you and catch up over lots of food and gossip. Miss you lots munchkin xoxo

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home