t

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

it's still 2008, right?

i have this inate ability to disappear from bloggersphere for random amounts of time, and suddenly return with numerous spurts of brainvomit. i think this is one of those cases because so much has occurred in the last three weeks worthy of bloggersphere-dom and i've barely just had the chance to re-assess and file my thoughts, ready for regurgitation.

first and foremost, a happiest new year to all of you! I hope you all had a fantastic mind-numbing new years eve, as all new years eves should be. Me, i'm still in 2008. Still vehemently in denial that new years ever did happen because to my conscious memory, it did not. I must have committed a most heinous crime against the allmighty God of new years because come the morning of 31 December, I was struck down bad with an insufferable case of the 24 hour tummy bug, rendering me more than useless and making very good friends with the porcelain bus.

i willed myself to go out, boy did i will myself. in a perpetually nauteous state, i showered and even washed my hair, i ate (and vomited), drank tea (and vomited) and incessantly insisted that yes i am ok to go out tonight. The clock struck 8pm and seeing that my willpower was certainly one to contend with, the allmighty God of new years decided to bring on the big guns. A tummy bug wasn't keeping her down, i curse thee with hives!

fuck me! out of no where, i broke into hives.. my neck, my arms, my forehead, it was pretty revolting actually so we won't dwell on the matter. I mean, really? I withstood the vomiting and I get hives?

i think the hives damaged my vanity moreso than anything, but it also made the constant vomiting that much harder to deal with. I caved, wrapped myself up in blankets, waved the others goodbye... and curled up for back to back episodes of Sex and the City instead.

and i was in bed by midnight... and no, new years did not happen. We're still in 2008, folks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home