t

Sunday, March 22, 2009

leon

on possibly the first day of uni, i was in class with this guy who i thought was a bit of a tosser, to be honest. one of those class clown types, and when he leaned too far back in his chair i would wish he'd fall over, and inevitably he would, and I would have a bit of a giggle. I was also cursed because this guy had all the same classes as me, lectures and tutorials alike, and there was nothing I could do about it.

so i just went along to class and saw him every single day. eventually, the curse laid on me was so powerful that Leon snaked his way into my life and became one of the largest, most solid and most unshakable parts of my life. He's seen me at my worst. In fact the only other person who has seen me worse is Loreen, and I would have married her if Felix hadn't gotten in the way. But Leon also has, and loves me just the same.

i can almost say I've done the same for him. I've tried to be there for him, from a distance, when he needed me. Sometimes i feel like I'm failing him, but sometimes I feel like the distance has strengthened our friendship. From the northern hemisphere to the south, we still manage to chat almost every single day of the year. That's something, isn't it?

So what a treat it was that Leon came up to Sydney and spent one glorious day with me. We packed a weekend's worth of activities into a day, definitely ate enough for two days (breakfast, then oportos, then laksa, then opera bar, then max brenner, then hurricanes, then lindt cafe! and then i wanted to die..) and watched each others nervous laughters as we both had our second tattoo etched into our skin.











it was an amazing day.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ying said...

did that hurt??

12:05 PM  
Blogger Leon B said...

Heyyyyy!!!! That's so mean! Truuueee... but mean... But mostly sweet =)

<3

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've just read like a month's worth of ur blog in one go... now that u are not in london, i feel like i have to stalk ur blog again to know what u are up to...

this is a sweet entry... u guys realise its been 11 years since first year?

9:17 PM  
Blogger catty said...

ying - no it didnt, i was nervous cos i thought it would, but it was really good!

leon - hahah do you remember when you fell off the chair in the first class we had together?

reen - 11 years. eek. i'm back in 2 weeks so you can stop reading soon!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home