t

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

homeward bound

so. i am homeward bound in a few days, homeward bound the to warm open arms of Australia, for five whole weeks. shouldn't i be completed elated? i should. i know i should. but somehow, i'm not. And if you think it's because i've sprouted a sudden connection with London, please go take your daily meds, i'm not quite that insane yet.

i'm feeling a certain breathless emptiness because... i'm embarrassed to even say this, but because i can't bear to be away from Panu for 5 entire weeks. Do you remember when we were in Sydney and he went away for one week? i died. well, almost. I counted days, hours and minutes and my heart skipped a beat whenever my phone rang... and now, i have to endure this for five times over.

but i do get to see my old friends again. and meet quite a number of new babies (they all seemed to pop into this world in the past 12 months). and two of my close friends from Melbourne are making special trips up just to see me... so I feel blessed... i do. I just have to get over my soppiness. and I will, I promise.

and a certain someone I am dying to see is my little mel, who turned the big three-oh today. Happy birthday, my lovely and I'm sorry I missed it by a mere handful of days. I will see you very soon.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home