t

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

rich hobo

incidentally, last week I walked past a homeless person counting his $50 and $100 notes. Notes - plural. What THE? I don't even remember when I last had in my possession a $100 note. $100 bhat maybe, but not Aussie dollars! How does he get that? Did someone give him that? Or did he wander into a bank with his stench and silvers, asking to trade a few hundred coins for a shiny green note?

I started off feeling annoyed and appalled, but now I'm curious and slightly impressed. Impressed because a couple of weeks ago, I lived off $25 for one whole week (including lunches etc), and that was hard. Al was so impressed I made it to Friday that he gave me $10 for my efforts hehe. How is it that a stranger is handing out $100 bills to a hobo?!

I think hobo'ing is becoming a million dollar industry right here in Sydney.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home