t

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Mr & Mrs Smith

Last night we went to the first of Didata's movie nights for this year (a little slow off the mark) at Fox Studios. Upon arrival we had some yummy finger foods including Vietnamese spring rolls, quiches, sushi and vegetarian & macadamia rolls (sounds weird but tastes good!). There was also a bar with beers, wines, breezers & other goodies... quite impressed by Didata's effort seeing as all we usually get is popcorn and softdrinks!

At 7pm we had a private showing of Mr & Mrs Smith - admittedly I didn't know what to expect as people who had seen it before had told me it was an action movie, some people said no, it's a comedy... and many people said it was akin to True Lies. Well, I liked True Lies so I went along to have a look-see. Anyway, wow, I was impressed! Really good, clever, fun movie! I mean, if you're after a thought provoking, realistic drama, then perhaps you should stay away. If you want entertainment, great action, some laughs, and a good perv - this movie is for you!

For the first time, I truly enjoyed Brad Pitt's performance in a movie. I've never really been a Brad fan - him taking his kit off in Thelma and Louise grossed me out more than anything else and I never thought he was all that gorgeous. But I think he's aging very nicely and I appreciate his "acting" a lot more these days. His ability for comedy and action sequences in one is quite impressive and he still manages to pull at your heart strings. And he looks so cool in a 3 piece suit, with a couple of guns, blasting the baddies. What more could you want?

Angelina Jolie - she doesn't need words. So HOT.

And they do make a very good couple.

Anyway for those who haven't seen this movie I recommend it - great for light, happy entertainment. Other movies on my "to watch" list includes War of the Worlds (although I want to hear some reviews first - this movie could potentially be over hyped) and Fantastic Four (more brainless fun!). Let me know if any of you watch War of the Worlds ok!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home