t

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

weekend at a glance

Wow, my 5 day weekend came and went in a flash.. last Wednesday it felt like I had almost forever to sleep in and not care, but look what happened - suddenly it is Tuesday and I'm back at work again!

I was soooo uber excited about Leon coming to Sydney because I hadn't seen him in almost 2 years! We had lots of catching up to do, lots of gossip and lots of bitching... On Thursday we went to the Sydney Aquarium... pretty good fun although I was almost trampled by primary school kids who are taller than me!! Are humans getting bigger?! We also felt a tad ripped off because there was only one seal but the abundance of sharks & rays, and super cute fairy penguins made it all worth while. I also refused to touch a sea cucumber after being advised that these creatures have their stomachs on the outside. How gross. After traipsing around the city, indulging in Krispy Kreme and even a dose of Tiffany we met up with Al, Babs & Brett for dinner at Blue Fish in Darling Harbour...

Friday was spent bargain shopping (Perth lacks warehouse shopping) at DFO & Birkenhead. We both picked up some pretty good stuff.. went home, sat in the spa for a while, and then glammed up for Arthur's 30th drinks at 333... followed the next day by Arthur's surprise dinner at Hurricane... the cake was sooooo cute!!!

On Sunday we watched The Lion King, second time for me. I thought it wouldn't be as good, being second time round, but I have to admit I actually enjoyed it more this time.. probably because I got the chance to check out the details and really enjoy the music. Also probably because the first time I went, I had zero hours sleep the night before. Yeh, not a great idea. I still can't get over how amazing the costumes are, and that I still tear up in the intro and the end... and that song in the middle when Simba sees his dad in the sky....!!! Man!

Anyway, Leon's gone now so all is normal again. I think he might have left some flu germs behind though. Have to sterilize everything in my house. Hehe..

And Arthur turned 30...

And dammit, about a month ago he told me he wouldn't have a huge one and I scoffed in the face of that lie. But I think it turned out true!! Well, I didn't see any vomit on Friday night and I think I had a reasonably coherent conversation with him too. Wow. Al on the other hand could no longer prop himself up by 11pm and we were home in time to watch Blokesworld at 12. Sad...

Thank God I didn't put a wager on that.

Speaking of Blokesworld.. girls, if you already think guys are dumb, watch this show and you will know you've been right all long..

Ok better wrap it up, I'm at work afterall...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home