t

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

reading and relaxing..

Well, the long weekend came and went! I really needed the break and spent it reading some great books. I'm getting back into the swing of reading a book a week, or trying to anyway. On Friday night I finished up "The Bride Stripped Bare" which is one of the most provocative books I have read in a long time. It's so explicit in some areas that it is almost unnerving. Certainly something I don't want my mother to read! But because it is so raw, you know it is real. I drank that book up within a couple of sittings and I wish there was more. There's a sequel "Adultery" - from a man's point of view - and I'm just waiting to get my little hands on that!

I'm currently reading "The Rule of Four" by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason. Reviewers have called it "The Davinci Code for people with brains". But I thought I might try and read it anyway I started reading it yesterday morning and though it is harder to read than Dan Brown, the story is compelling - can't put the damn thing down!

Also bought 2 more books on the weekend - "Mr Murder" by Dean Koontz, and "Prey" by Michael Crichton. I love it when Al has exams, because I can read in peace and quiet.

My friends Ian and Eugene also turned 30 on the weekend, celebrated at Mars Lounge, Surry Hills. Really good night, not too huge. Went home at 12.30am like a good girl but somehow, someway the night ended up messy and I ended up sleeping for 2.5 hours only. Don't ask.

Here's to long weekends hey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home