t

Monday, April 11, 2005

what a great weekend!

I've had a nice weekend of relaxation now and am in a much brighter mood today (as compared to last week). Friday night was spent at drinks for Johnny's birthday - managed to sneak away for dinner with Elaine, Kate & Geoff. Thank God I've found people to eat with. Gone are the days of "eating is cheating" (resulting in a none too pleasant shot of chartreuse) and here are the days of eat, get fat & be happy! We went to La Bora (near 333) and it was pretty average. Geoff picked the place based on its large portions and close vicinity... Elaine & I shared a ... umm I forget what it's called, but it was just spaghetti with prawns & avocado. What a load of crap, I didn't see any avocado! Service was pretty average too... so we're not going back there, big portions or not !!

Saturday was a mix of ups & downs, but it's not all bad - in the end I essentially stayed at least half asleep until about 7pm In the morning, I was so excited to apply for an apartment which had been unleased for 4 months. 4 months! So what happens..? The morning of the day when I'm applying for it, the agent calls me at 9am and tells me the landlord has decided to lease the place to his relatives. .... and to add salt to my injury, I was semi excited about another place and the agent called me at 10am to tell me the tenant has extended his lease! Bastards! I went back to sleep and then Kate calls me at 11am!! So then I turned my phone off.....

Got up, had lunch, went back to sleep. Got up, did something, then went back to sleep. Got woken up somewhere near 7pm cos Al was ranting about something like "wake up!! wake up!!!.... we have to go to Strathfield!!". Ok ok ok.. so I got up and got ready to go to not one but 2 parties - not a bad Saturday at all ! It ended with a Harry's pie - no complaints from moi .

Yesterday wasn't half bad - went out with my housemate and a gf to shop around... they bought plenty I bought nothing. But I was happy about that because nothing caught my eye. I need to save $$ anyway for my pending move! Came home in the afternoon and watched High Fidelity. I've never seen it before but it's a pretty funny movie Not usually a John Cusack fan. For those who don't know, it's about a guy talking through his misery of his top 5 breakups.. it's a good sad but funny movie....

So here we are and it's Monday again. This week is shaping up to be slightly better than last week. Let's keep our fingers crossed. On a side note, I was thinking about moving my blog to blogspot - cos the format etc is so much nicer! How do you blogspot users find it? Good?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home