t

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

welcome elise truong...

A childhood friend of mine from Brisbane gave birth last Thursday morning to a beautiful baby girl, weighing in at a healthy 2.86kgs. I can't believe she got married, let alone the fact that my sweet girl is now a mother!! It's a strange thought because when I think of her, all I think of is afternoons at her house lazing around, painting our nails and then cleaning it off and then doing it again. And when uni came around, cruising everyday together to the beats of MIB and I'll be Missing You. Same cd the whole frickin' year *hehehehehe* And tho she might hate this, I still remember the days of Discman, and Mao, and Sven, and Tina... good memories never die...

But now she's a mum, and things will never be the same again. Last time I went to Brissie, we went out at some god-awful hour to get ice cream from a 24 hour parlour. Next time I'm in Brissie, I get the feeling visiting hours will be limited to when the baby's awake... and besides, when the baby sleeps, I'm sure she wants to as well.

Things are changing. She's younger than I am. Another friend who is also younger than me is trying for a baby this year. Does it seem strange that I'm my age, and although in a happy relationship, I can't foresee myself getting married or having a child any time soon? Not to say that I'm not interested. Because I am. Haha.. right now I can see Loreen cringing at the thought of me not getting engaged...

I don't know. Maybe it's because I live in Sydney and everything just costs so damn much in Sydney. I have a decent income and I can't see myself saving enough to pay for a child - cos they are expensive creatures you know! But despite that, I do feel the clock ticking and I am getting envious of mothers with babies.

Anyway, I don't want to get carried away. Congratulations Di, and I'll come see you and Elise (and Yang) in October. She'll be a gorgeous 6 months by then You'll be a fantastic mum...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home