t

Monday, May 16, 2005

apartment hunting no more!

Well! It's been weeks and weeks, I've finally snared myself a great apartment... After having my heart broken by applying too late, or having units un-listed, I thought this weekend that if I saw something I liked, I was just going to apply for it. I'm seriously getting tired of hunting anyway.. each week we see so many apartments, mostly crap or far too pricey (but so swanky!!). Some come with odd stories.... last week we saw an apartment in Hurstville where supposedly the last tenant was an "old man" who had lived there for "more than 20 years" and then suddenly he stops paying rent. The agent said that when they went to see what happened, they found out he had "moved to Queensland". Is Queensland code for heaven? It didn't help that the place had fresh paint and fresh carpets... I mean how else can you get rid of certain odours...

Anyway so today I found out that I have locked in a great apartment in Rockdale, a far nicer suburb than Hurstville and closer to the city as well. And has a train station 5 minutes walk away... and I don't have to see any homeless people on the way *phew*... or too many asians *phewwww* The apartment I got is on the top floor of a low rise block (7 storeys?), is super spacious, and to the joy of my boyfriend and all my smoker friends.... it has a big balcony, just like my current place. It has a big bathroom and separate big laundry room.... oh and the building is only 2 years old, which is great Anyway.... come to Sydney and see!

Yesterday I made my first whitegoods purchase ever. I bought me a fridge Not a huge one, 234 litres LG, but my first fridge nonetheless. I'm proud. Am I weird? Maybe I'm not weird maybe I'm starting to mature and choosing to spend my money not on clothes and funky stuff but on home items like fridges, washers, vacuums and irons. Hehe.. there is definitely some sense of satisfaction though. I could not wipe the smile off my face yesterday. But then again that could be attributed to the fact that ......

I like green apples!

And.... (wow what a mad weekend!) I finally got me an ipod! A green one of course.

Picked it up when I bought my fridge, vacuum, kettle and all that stuff - you know buy more, bargain more!! Hehe... I've been playing with my ipod all day and filling up my iTunes with all kinds of old cd's I haven't heard in forever. I desperately need to go to my car and get all the better cd's in there. I am so super excited.

As you can probably tell, everything is going so well now... I'm so happy with where I am at with my life... everything where it ought to be. Plus my bro is coming over this weekend, and that's always good... and Leon just left, and Linh will be here next week. All I need is Loreen and Elaine to make me completely... ... content. Work *tick*, home *tick*, family *tick*, friends *tick*. I should thank all of my friends who are true and who will always be my friends. Some in Perth, one in London, and some new and old friends in Sydney. Some friends are more like family... you don't always see them, you don't always agree, but you know you will always be.

So thanks guys...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home