t

Thursday, May 26, 2005

moving house is hard to do..

*cough cough* I'm not feeling very well lately... I've been kinda sick ever since Leon left (thanks dude) and haven't had a chance to rest & recover. Besides having random guests including Leon, Linh and my brother, the last week has been spent speed packing and then... moving.

Damn, moving sucks the big one.

The big move was scheduled for Saturday 21st May (Happy Birthday to Loreen & Ming!) - we started bright and early at 6.30am and went to pick up a truck - yep Al was a truckie for the day, a hooooning one at that, beating an RX8 by at least 10 minutes After struggling to reverse the truck up a driveway (similar to reversing a trailer on Blokesworld!), we started loading it up. With Babs' help, we managed to get everything up and loaded by 12. God-damn how heavy is a washing machine?!

The drive to Rockdale was pretty slow, painful and hot but once we got there, a big bucket of KFC made it all better There is no problem too big that a bucket of KFC hot & spicy can't solve....

Anyway, I'm too lazy to write much more. Basically we moved and moved all of Saturday, got a fridge, picked up my new furniture (couch, coffee table & lamp table) and unpacked and unpacked and unpacked well into the early morning. Sunday we went to the Homemakers Supacentre (I love Ikea & Freedom) and bought some more goodies like cushions! Cushions are mad, I have 6 on my couch alone.

I haven't even had time to enjoy my new pad yet because I've been busy every single night this week.. I'm soooo looking forward to going home tonight and just chilling out (more like doing laundry)... State of Origin is on (go Queensland!!) but I'm not going out for it... believe it or not, home with my laundry is more tempting right now....

Anyway, lemme fix my digital camera, or better still get a new one.... and I'll take some pics and post them up. Actually buying a new camera isn't looking so good right now. After forking out for whitegoods and furniture (and an increase in rent), I am broker than broke.

Oh yeh, thanks to the people who helped me move, and the people who offered. Much appreciated!!

Revenge of the Sith

How hot does Hayden Christensen look as a baddie?? He should have been a baddie all along. By far the best of the 3 new Star Wars flicks. I didn't even like the first 2, but this one made up for it, I'm a Star Wars buff all over again. Gonna go buy me episodes 4-6 this weekend, curl up and enjoy the best of the lot.

Ok that's all for now kids.. back to work! 5 days left of my current job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home