t

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

ho hum

My days have been kinda weird lately. I find that every single day (since last week anyway), I've had something really bad happen... and then something really good happen. So for each day in the past week I've seemed really moody because I get really angry, or upset, or frustrated... and then I am happy again. I won't go into details, firstly because it's quite boring and secondly because it's also personal, but it's just weird. Today has started off no different.. it began as a normal day.. got to work, had a couple of meetings... and then there is it - a phone call to stress the *%&^ out of me! So now I'll sit and wait for the good thing to happen. If it doesn't, I'll just sulk for the rest of today.

Leon sent me an interesting link this morning which tells you your equivalent earning power around Australia and overseas :
check it out. I was surprised to see that Melbourne isn't anywhere near as costly as Sydney because well, I always thought it was! I also realised how puny Sydney was compared to other countries around the world. Maybe I should make some big bucks in Japan for a while.. or maybe Switzerland... hmmm! But anyway, who would have thought that if you moved from Perth to Melbourne, you would only expect a 5% increase? What the hell? But if you moved from Perth to Sydney, you'd get 35%? Considering living costs in Melbourne aren't that cheap (trams!)... I don't know why the rates are so low. Interesting... so now I know I'll never move to Melbourne.

Anyway, raindrops keep falling on my head... really. The weather's been gloomy the last few days but it hasn't been raining raining so I haven't used an umbrella. But then you walk under a friggin' tree and you get poured on. What's up with that?! Specially bad when one fat drop falls on your freshly mascara'd eye and you know... not a good look.

Work has been really busy as well.. I've been working at home and onsite most nights this week.. it's occurred to me that 90% of the projects I'm managing require upgrade or updates of configs that need to be done with outages at night. Fun Fun Fun!! I don't mind if I can do it at home though... pity I don't get paid overtime.

Hmm I'm sounding a bit grumpy today... still waiting for the good thing to happen.. probably gonna be at 11.59pm tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Loreen said...

I know...why don't you come over to LONDON?

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home